You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Man, those things are still around? When I first got into the hobby we were all looking at them and wishing they were easier to use... IIRC they don't do any of the work for you, so making a driver for them to get Espruino to support it would be kind of a nightmare.

These days everyone just uses ESP8266's for LAN connectivity. I'll bet someone (not me, I have WAY too much on my plate) could take a blue-pill-like board, or an Arduino (I think there's an Arduino library for it? Might not even be that hard, if there's already a decent library to put a wrapper around... have it talk to whatever over serial, and rip off the ESP8266 AT-firmware API... The hardware would be cheap - on the other hand, they'd be competing with $2 ESP8266s, so it might be hard to get people's attention. Wires seem to be kind of passe now... I used to be a "screw wifi, give me a CAT-5 cable" type, but... I haven't plugged into the network cable since I think before the quarantimes... wifi has finally gotten good enough, and they've got the volume such that they're cheaper than dirt...

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started