Sealing problem, joint out

Posted on
  • hello,

the watch was submerged in water, swimming pool, but water resistance problem.
    the watch is down
    I opened to dry and when I opened I saw that the seal was cut!

Waterproof IP68 not totally

• even after drying
    the watch no longer works!

Guarantee possible?

• Hi,

Sorry to hear this - the seal being cut one I haven't come across before!

I'll send you an email and sort this out. You're a KickStarter backer?

• After drying for 3 days, it's ok
    I have to change the seal
    Thanks Gordon

• That's great - a new seal is on the way :)

• I have similar issue, but the nature is different. I discovered some condensation on inner side of glass. I opened the watch and there was drops of water under the lid. I'm suspecting the gap in the sealing of heart rate sensor window. I plan to seal the gap with nail polish or something similar.

I have a problem to upload the picture using "Upload a file" button...

• Sorry to hear that - It might be objecting to the image due to file size? You could always email to gw@pur3.co.uk

The metal rear of the case should have some white or clear epoxy around the heart rate sensor window and charge port already. If that's missing it'd definitely be the issue!

If so I'll get a new one in the post to you - I'm sorry about that, I have no idea how that passed their QA process.

• Hello Gordon, thank You for reply. I've sent pictures via e-mail. There is only small gap in the sealing. I think I'm able to try to fix it.

• Thanks! Lets hope the water ingress hasn't caused any other issues - if so I'll send you a new back panel just to be sure.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Sealing problem, joint out

Posted by Avatar for user116460 @user116460

Actions