• Hi everyone, I would like to upgrade my Micro:bit from version 2.04 to 2.06, but I noticed that both with different USB cables on both Mac and Windows (with related drivers) flash memory never loads ... and RESET button doesn't work either!

The example code loaded via BLE works fine, but for saving to flash permanently I am forced to reset(true); save();

Saving via IDE to "Flash" gives me error: Uncaught Error: Module Storage not found ... require("Storage").write(".bootcde","var­ on = false;\nsetIn

Do you know how to make flash memory reappear on desktop?

Here are some more info, THANK YOU for your collaboration!

"VERSION": "2v04",
      "GIT_COMMIT": "3956264e",
      "BOARD": "MICROBIT",
      "FLASH": 262144,
      "RAM": 16384,
      "CONSOLE": "Bluetooth",
      "MODULES": ""

"free": 269,
      "usage": 31,
      "total": 300,
      "history": 25,
      "gc": 0,
      "gctime": 3.20434570312,
      "stackEndAddress": 536884568,
      "flash_start": 0,
      "flash_binary_end": 258132,
      "flash_code_start": 260096,
      "flash_length": 262144

• Was Storage really ever enabled? all nrf51 board have SAVE_ON_FLASH flag which disables storage module (and many others). nrf51 has only 256KB of flash so it is almost impossible to fit even basic stuff. Check this conversation http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­332766/#14694853 it can be done by disabling something else, e.g. GRAPHICS module. You don't appear to have any modules enabled in your 2v04 build, is this some custom build?

• Hi fanoush, I haven't changed anything, I switched from MicroPython to espruino_2v04_microbit.hex via drag n drop: https://www.espruino.com/binaries/esprui­no_2v04_microbit.hex

:-(

THANK YOU

• Hello. In this situation, exist a way to update / restore to factory defaults via drag n drop, Espruino Web IDE, WebUSB, BLE DFU App, Serial Port Terminal?

There is a key combination or "jumper-bridge" between pins to activate the bootloader?

:-(

THANK YOU

• I'm not sure I understand the question... If you drag a new hex file on, it'll overwrite all code and restore it to default?

Interesting about the lack of Storage - I hadn't really realised how it'd affect IDE uploads. It's definitely something we could look at adding, as 'under the hood' it's still there I believe

• Hi Gordon!

Programming via Bluetooth is OK, but via USB it is only powered, it is not recognized and the "MICROBIT" drive is not mounted ... I don't know how to update to 2.06

I've tried both on Mac and Windows (with related drivers) and with different USB cables.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

• I'm afraid I don't know why the MICROBIT drive wouldn't be mounted. You'd be better off asking on the micro:bit forums - they may have some ideas?

As far as I know, the USB connection is the only way they suggest that you update the firmware.

• OK, thanks anyway ... if I solve, I'll write you how I did!

:-)

• New micro:bit firmware should now support 'Storage' - although there wasn't space for any compaction so while it's fine for writing code via the IDE it's of limited use for repeated writes

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Micro:bit does not mount flash and no RESET button

Posted by Avatar for Andrea @Andrea

Actions