• A brief update. I have modified my OpenSeizureDetector Android App to receive acceleration data over bluetooth, which is sent using the widget that @Gordon has written (thank you for doing that, and getting a watch to me so quickly so I can try it out).
    I convert the acceleration figures back into mili-g which is what my existing analysis works on.

First results are promising - a gentle shake of the arm with the BangleJS watch on it gives a
    sensible looking acceleration spectrum, and my app generates "seizure detected" alarms as we would expect (screenshot of phone app below).
    There are a few things to add to get this to a working seizure detector:

1. Check reliability - we need to make sure it copes ok with disconnection and reconnects automatically.
    2. Send Watch battery level every now and then (to get rid of the red 0% in the screenshot below).
    3. Send heart rate every few seconds as well as acceleration data.
    4. Have the watch receive the seizure detector status (OK / Warning / ALARM) to alert the user in case it is a false alarm.
    5. Have the watch respond to button presses to mute the alarm system if the user is doing something that he/she knows will cause a false alarm (like brushing teeth).

Connection reliability is the most important thing to test though - will let you know how that goes...

Thanks!

Graham.

About