You are reading a single comment by @user116403 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello,

I got a puck 2 last week and getting a connection has been rather finicky.

I was able to connect to Web IDE with an OSX computer fine and then kept getting messages for a firmware update, decided to update.

The IDE flasher didn't work for me but I am able to put it in bootloader mode and flash it using both nRF Connect and nRF Toolbox on iOS. Using 2.06 binary. As a zip dowloaded to my iphone selected in the nRF app.

All seems to work fine (the firmware update), according to the nRF apps. Today I am working on a windows 10 machine. Chrome is version Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

But no matter what I do - reset, hard reset, reinstall, revert to 2.05, I always get "Connection Failed" in web IDE, although it does (usually) appear in the Web Bluetooth scan.

Most of the time it appears as puck.js 96d4, but then sometimes it appears as puck.js !BTN. Sometimes it won't appear at all. Sometimes it says - Paired after the name. It rarely has any signal in the little triangle. But it has high signal when in bootloader mode.

Any advice on other steps I could take? At my wits end. My ultimate goal is to connect to a virtual COM port and I'm not even sure if this is the right track but I do want to just mess around in the Web IDE.

Thanks in advance.

About

Avatar for user116403 @user116403 started