• I'm currently using the Serial Web API to communicate with the BBC micro:bit and I'm loving it so far!
    There are some nits I'd love to understand though and I thought you folks may know the answer.

I'm able to connect to the BBC micro:bit device and open the serial port at 9600bps. /me happy
    Then my readLoop doesn't show anything until I turn off serial break for instance. Is this expected?
    Is there another way to "force" the device to send the usual prompt when port is opened?

Then, the prompt I get contains the "Uncaught InternalError: I2C Write Error 33281" message as shown below. Is there something going on I should fix?

script.js:53 [J[?7l
    script.js:53  ____                 _ 
    script.js:53 |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___ 
    script.js:53 |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    script.js:53 |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
    script.js:53          |_| espruino.com
    script.js:53  2v06 (c) 2019 G.Williams
    script.js:53 Espruino is Open Source. Our work is supported
    script.js:53 only by sales of official boards and donations:
    script.js:53 http://espruino.com/Donate
    script.js:53 Uncaught InternalError: I2C Write Error 33281

• Then my readLoop doesn't show anything until I turn off serial break for instance. Is this expected?

what 'until I turn off serial break' means? how one can 'turn off' serial break?

Is there another way to "force" the device to send the usual prompt when port is opened?

just sending enter does not work? why you want the prompt? you mean just the > or the whole startup logo/banner? btw the logo/banner does not show if you save something (if microbit allows saving code at all) so it may not be good idea to wait for at startup

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started