You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @gedankenstuecke just made a great website (https://tzovar.as/one-button-tracker/ - forum post here) that allows you to program your Puck.js to be an event tracker.

It reminded me that @benjaminbenben had suggested a long time ago that we have a website for loading apps onto Espruino devices. At the time I ended up devoting most of my time to Bangle.js, and for that I ended up making the Bangle.js app loader which does a similar thing - but very specifically for Bangle.js. It now has loads of apps on it.

What does everyone think? Is there a place for a generic Espruino app loader? Would you contribute apps to it?

I'm thinking:

• With Web Serial we can target all Espruino devices now, not just the Bluetooth ones.
    • A list of browsable/searchable applications with descriptions, and web pages to configure them if needed
    • Ability to filter applications by what device(s) they work on
    • Allow 'ifdef' lines to let one application target different devices (eg, draw to the screen if there is a screen, use LEDs if not)
    • Link Espruino tutorials with 'upload this now' which allows you to directly upload the code to your device
    • Allow you to click 'edit' and get the code in the Web IDE so you can customise it further before upload
    • Allow you to read saved data off the Espruino (eg. data log, then get the data off into a CSV file or Google Sheets)
    • [Later] allow pre-configuration (e.g. add an LCD to an Espruino Pico, then run apps that needed a display)

What apps do you think would be worth adding?

• Bluetooth Beacon configuration
    • Bluetooth/USB HID Button configuration
    • Neopixel patterns
    • Data logging
    • ...?
About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started