New Espruino team member

Posted on
  • As many of you are aware, I have been working on Espruino on my own for the last 8 years. Friends and family have helped out with packing a few times, and there are a vast amount of contributions from the community and on the forum, but the day to day tasks - answering messages, designing hardware, fixing bugs, websites, documentation, manufacturing, packing boxes and even tax filing fall down to me.

It has been working pretty well up to this point, but the combination of a new baby, the Bangle.js KickStarter, and then Covid-19 causing all kinds of shipping and manufacturing issues has meant that I've been working flat out keeping everything under control.

So I'd like to introduce you to Christine Spindler:

1 Attachment

• Micropython_Espruino-headshot.png
  • I met Christine at makercon.de in 2018, and we've shared stands at FOSDEM 2019 and 2020. Christine holds degrees in Economics and Electrical Engineering and currently works part time on MicroPython, handling their manufacturing, product development and shipping.

Initially Christine is going to be helping out with manufacturing, support and shipping for Espruino, and will be working part-time alongside her MicroPython work. If you've ordered anything in the past week or two chances are it's her that handled your order.

I'm really excited about this. Christine's experience with MicroPython and hardware in general should open up a lot of new opportunities for Espruino so I'm sure you'll be seeing some great improvements over the next few months.

• Fantastic news, welcome Christine!

• Welcome Christine! Good to see the team is growing.

• Willkommen im Team, Christine! Ausgezeichnete Erweiterung, @Gordon.

• Welcome Christine! Good for us that you join the party!

• Welcome Christine!

• Hello to everybody and thanks for the warm welcome :)

It has been a lot of fun working with Gordon during the last two FOSDEMs and I'm looking forward to do more exciting work in the Espruino world!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New Espruino team member

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions