SX1276/77/78/79 LoRa docs

Posted on
  • Hi 👋!

I'm playing around with the SX1276/77/78/79 LoRa module--which works very nicely by the way--and it contains a Reference section with a list of prototype functions. Is there anywhere I can find more information about these?

More specifically I'm trying to switch between TX and RX mode on the fly, and my first guess was that the setOpMode-function had something to do with that, but as I said, I can't find any information on how to use it.

Thanks!

/RJ

• Oh, I solved my issue, so never mind the docs 😁.

• Take a look at the source code, might help: https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoDocs­/blob/master/devices/SX127x.js
    IIRC it's just sx.tx(...), and sx.rx(...), but could be wrong...
    If you have the time to add some more docs / tutorial, just send a PR :)

• Glad you got it sorted!

Just for future, most module pages (eg http://www.espruino.com/SX127x) say something like:

Espruino's SX127x (About Modules) module ...

If you click on SX127x it'll take you to the source - which is generally what the reference section is generated from anyway.

• Wonderful--good to know 👍!

• Do you have a data sheet for the AI you are using?

• I'm using the RA-02 myself 😊.

• So they are fully compatible?

• There are a bunch of ready-made ESP32 boards with lora chips. Come in handy, because first you have a mostly self-contained devboard some even have a small display and/or battery connector. Second because there are arduino samples for them, so you can verify with arduino samples if you are stuck :)
    But of course there as a drawback of long shipping time, and you might not get what you expect.

RFM96 (IIRC I tested, and does work with the Espruino library) from Hope RF is I think available from lots of "western" suppliers, if you want something quickly.

• Until now, I haven't had issues communicating with it using the SX library, and all sources I have seen claims that RA-02 is based on the SX1278 chip (it's hard to confirm anything with these Chinese modules though).

I haven't tried anything else than sending/receiving at different frequencies, so I can't confirm if FSK/OOK, or stuff like spread factor etc. can be configured though.

• Got success send LoRa data from LOM204 (WISOL) to ESPRUINO SX1276

sent the AAA string

2 Attachments

• b.png
    • a.png
  • Awesome--I don't know that module though 👌😊.

• It’s a module that we represents in Brazil

• now it´s working tranmission and reception :)

I love ESPRUINO :)

1 Attachment

• Sem título.png
  • Cool 😎!

• I love ESPRUINO :)

Me too, more people should really be using it 😁. I'm working on a project to showcase at work (WiFi module, not LoRa though), hopefully people will see the opportunities there as well 😏.

@tcpipchip = @user95229

Oh ok, got it 😊.

• yeah!!!! @Rek

We wait that @Gordon port to RISC-V soon :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

SX1276/77/78/79 LoRa docs

Posted by Avatar for rj @rj

Actions