• I am trying to update my Espruino Wifi to v106. It was recently updated to v105 without any issues.

Here's what i've tried:

1. Put the Espruino Wifi into boot loader mode, the red and green light pulsate in sequence.
    2. Click the flash firmware button.

Error popup in the web ide says -

Firmware for this device can't be updated from  the IDE at the moment. 

(I used the above steps to update to v105 last week and it was successful)

1. Put the Espruino Wifi into boot loader mode, the red and green light pulsate in sequence.
    2. Click flash from file button and locate previously downloaded - espruino_2v06_wifi.bin

This time I see:

Connected to COM1 (No response from board)
    Initializing...
    Error Flashing: Can't find STM32 bootloader. Make sure the chip is reset into bootloader mode by holding down BTN1 while pressing RST
    Disconnected from COM1

• Sorry for the delay, I was away last week.

Which IDE are you using? The Chrome App, or espruino.com/ide ?

Had you connected a different device to the IDE between times? If you don't connect outside of bootloader mode first then the IDE doesn't know what type of device it should be using.

It might be worth restarting your PC and trying again, just in case windows has got confused and thinks some other application is using the COM port.

• Even more sorry for a longer delay :)

So I'm using the Chrome App. I'm happy to report that I have updated to v1.07.

I honestly have no idea what finally fixed it, i've reinstalled the Chrome IDE many times, I've switched COM ports because sometimes it sees a port then when in bootloader mode that port now disappears.

Then all of a sudden COM port 5 appears in bootloader mode and boom I get to update the firmware.

So relieved it's finally worked but sorry can't explain what the cause was.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Problem trying to update Espruino Wifi to firmware v106

Posted by Avatar for Coder2012 @Coder2012

Actions