You are reading a single comment by @NebbishHacker and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Well, if you're willing to spend the time redoing the fonts then I'd be happy to include them in a 14x18 grid.

In terms of the accented chars, it's a trade-off since the extra code needed for them takes up quite a lot of space too. When it was pretty much just chars 33-127 doing it in code definitely made sense - but yes, now it's definitely less of a sure thing.

For compression, it's a point but I think decompressing each time might make it too slow. I guess it could decompress it to RAM only when setFont("Vector") was called, but then it's actually going to end up taking up a chunk of RAM

• After a bit more fiddling, I've decided that it's not worth changing the grid just for the minor tweaks I was considering.

In terms of the accented chars, it's a trade-off since the extra code needed for them takes up quite a lot of space too,

By my math directly including the accented chars would take up a bit over a kilobyte. I'm guessing the extra code likely takes up less space than that?

About