You are reading a single comment by @FransM and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Got redirected here by Abhigkar

I've been pondering at this as well.
    With respect of the 2.2 seconds to draw a full hires bitmap:
    Where does the time go? Reading the file from flash? Processing it? Writing the data to the LED controller?
    I suspect the last.

The solution I was thinking of is to restore only the display used by the hand (or by the graphic representing a digit). The latter is easier as the position of the hand is moving.
    Idea is that when the hand moves the pixels of the old hand are restored from the background image, after which the new hand is written.
    And to make it even faster only those pixel that are not overwritten by the old hand need to be restored.
    I think something like rasterop/bitblt could help here, (or some lowlevel helper functions)
    Key to this is easy and efficient access to the bits of the image on the flash.

Of course it is a bit less trivial as I sketched since we have two hands and they can be overlapping, but I hope you get the idea.
    And it is probably easier with a digital watch where the digits are actual bitmaps.
    Basically it would require drawing a section from a background image.

How does this sound?

About

Avatar for FransM @FransM started