You are reading a single comment by @Nic and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi,

I received my V2 Pucks today (thanks Gordon, for sending out so quickly) and I thought I'd have a little play with the new functionality.

I have been using a motion sensor above the cat flap to monitor our cat going in and out; the problem is I have no way of deducing which direction he's going!

So I thought I'd stick one of the Pucks on the flap and use the accelerometer to determine whether he's going in or out. It's all coded in, sends a notification much like the original sensor and works a treat!

It still needs to be cat tested; I hope he still fits through and I hope he doesn't pull it off! I've had to move other Pucks out of his reach as he enjoys batting them around!

Just a note: Puck.accel() didn't work with 2v05 shipped on the device. Upgraded to cutting edge build and worked fine - probably known by Gordon, but just in case anyone else has trouble! Puck.accelOn and event worked fine though.

Just thought I'd share!

Thanks!

Nic

Sorry! Should have posted under projects :(

1 Attachment

• Cat Flap.jpg
About