• This looks amazing - thank you! I'm planning to add an online element to the IDE soon (allowing cloud saves) so this will fit in with that perfectly.

If you could get this working well on the github.io version that would be great - that's what most new users use at the moment I believe, and what 99% will do when Google shuts the app store soon.

Just a few questions though...

• If you have a modified file and you click close, does it warn you?
    • If you choose the 'save graphical editor to JS' option in settings, where does the JS file created from the graphical editor end up?
    • Does this integrate with the 'Storage' icon? eg. being able to download a file from Storage to a new tab?
    • Are you able to keep track of modified files correctly? I know chrome's storage tends to be rate limited so after a few minutes of saving updates for every change it tends to break. I recently made a change to localStorage so actually it might all be fine though.

For modules, it may actually be trivial. Since there's now the 'upload to' option in the upload icon, if that was changed per-file, it would be possible to:

• Create a new module file
    • Choose to upload it to a file called mymodule in Storage

Then you could flick back to your main application and when you click upload it'd then upload that to ram/flash/whatever and it'd load your module.

But yes, I'm definitely up for including this once it works fine online - and I can look at adding the module support at a later date.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started