Gadgetbridge calls

Posted on
  • Hi there,

did anyone already figure out the logic behind the call notifications sent from GadgetBridge? I did the following tests (timestamp+message):

received call, caller hung up

1588625052->{"t":"call","cmd":"accept","­name":"xxx","number":"12345","body":""}
    1588625058->{"t":"call","cmd":"start","n­ame":"xxx","number":"12345","body":""}

received call, Bangle hung up via reject command

1588625081->{"t":"call","cmd":"accept","­name":"xxx","number":"12345","body":""}
    1588625085->{"t":"call","cmd":"start","n­ame":"xxx","number":"12345","body":""}

received call, answer using phone (because accept command does not work), caller hung up

1588625112->{"t":"call","cmd":"accept","­name":"xxx","number":"12345","body":""}
    1588625116->{"t":"call","cmd":"reject","­name":"xxx","number":"12345","body":""}
    1588625122->{"t":"call","cmd":"start","n­ame":"xxx","number":"12345","body":""}

So it seems GB always send accept and start for a call but not always in the same order?

And also as mentioned above, sending a reject command to GB rejects the call. However send an accept command does not work.

I'm also trying to look through the GB log files on the phone as well as trying to read into the GB source code.

But if anyone else has some information I'd surely appreciate it.

• I don't have the info for you but there might be info at the GB wiki:
    https://codeberg.org/Freeyourgadget/Gadg­etbridge/wiki/Home

And otherwise they have a chat channel at https://riot.im/app/#/room/#gadgetbridge­:matrix.org

• Hi Frans,

I already scrolled through the wiki, no info there unfortunately.
    And of course I know about the espruino.com/GadgetBridge page.

As for ACCEPT/REJECT: I may have found the spot in the GB source code late last night and it seems that GB reacts to {"t":"call","cmd":"START"} rather than {"t":"call","cmd":"ACCEPT"}. Haven't had time to test it though.

• Best go to the chat channel.
    Andreas Shimokawa, the lead developer stops by quite regularly and is quite helpful.
    And the nice thing is that messages are saved so you can scroll back for answers if you are returning the next day.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Gadgetbridge calls

Posted by Avatar for Raik @Raik

Actions