You are reading a single comment by @MaBe and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I guess require("Storage").compact(); can't work because storage space is to small for what you are trying.

What about eraseAll(), write .boot and usercode, or by a 4MB board or

build a 1MB firmware Espruino version without FOTA but lots of space like a 4MB board.

BOARD=ESP8266_4MB make clean
            BOARD=ESP8266_4MB RELEASE=1 NO_FOTA=1 FLASH_1MB=1 make 

Fixed typo

• I have NodeMCU(32MB version), but the size(physical) is too big. And my project only needs 2 IOs.

Besides, this happened when I tried to require("Storage").compact();, the free space on the flash at least has 60%, and my purpose is to compact it myself instead of automatically(when the free space run out), cause that will lead to data loss.

And I don't know how to compile it myself, I cloned the source and tried to compile, but I have no idea where I could find the hex file, I am noob. :D.

But anyway, thank you for the reply.

• I made a version using your arguments and flashed the 01s, but the issue still happened when I do the same actions. But I do get 196608 space like 4MB board.
    And, could I ask why the NO_FOTA=1 don't work for 4MB board, like NodeMCU, I can't still use FOTA on it. My purpose is to get more space beyond 196608 on 4MB board, thank you.

About