MDBT42QRemove library from build

Posted on
  • Looking for guidance on how to generate the binaries/zip files with certain libraries added or removed, i.e if I wanted to remove the net library from MDBT42Q . I've seen it mentioned in this forum and that it should be relatively straight forward but couldn’t find any tutorial (n.b i’ve looked at the build example) Hopefully this thread will act as a guidance for others. Outlined stops i’ve following below with current errors / queries.

1. Download / Clone the Espruino Repository.
      2.Navigate to the directory
    2. Under Espruino/boards edit the relevant board *.py
    3. Under Espruino directory setup build dependencies. Run source scripts/provision.sh BOARD (e.g. source scripts/provision.sh MDBT42Q)
      5.make clean && BOARD=MDBT42Q RELEASE=1 make

Having an issue with this step, getting following error
    Espruino/gcc-arm-none-eabi-8-2018-q4-maj­or/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: cannot execute binary file
    Espruino/targetlibs/nrf5x_12/components/­toolchain/gcc/gcc_startup_nrf52.o] Error 126

Finally if build was successfulm where relevant binaries or zip file for DFU be?

• Fri 2020.04.24

While I have only done this task one time, I am only able to respond for one specific OS. Until others are able to respond,

Which PC OS is used?

Was a successful build performed with no modifications prior to start?

• MacOS and the default python versions is 2.7. I had a look don't think theres another GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain installed on my machine.

What operating system did you use? I might spin up an Ubuntu VM.

Thanks for the help.

• Sat 2020.04.25

Windows10

I'm not going to be able to assist here as Windows uses a somewhat convoluted meas to store it's files in multiple locations. Typically as Microsoft products require a license, I don't think a Win10 build on a VM would be a picnic either. Just had a thread that might have provided insight if on Win10.

• Robin no problem thanks for the response.

Hi MaBe, I followed the build process and the gcc-arm-none-eabi-8-2018-q4 for mac installs under the Epsruino directory in folder gcc-arm-none-eabi-8-2018-q4-major. The issues relates to the binary not executing,

Espruino/gcc-arm-none-eabi-8-2018-q4-maj­or/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: cannot execute binary file

• Check with file

file /Espruino/gcc/gcc-arm-none-eabi-8-2018-q­4-major/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc
        /Espruino/gcc/gcc-arm-none-eabi-8-2018-q­4-major/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

• Good spot

: file arm-none-eabi-gcc
    : arm-none-eabi-gcc: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/l, for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=9ac5427532642fef341e6e032e­ea16d7eb5fde4c, stripped

Assuming i'll have to uninstall and reinstall with correct version? Per your link.

• Assuming i'll have to uninstall and reinstall with correct version? Per your link.

Yes ;-)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

MDBT42QRemove library from build

Posted by Avatar for user106664 @user106664

Actions