You are reading a single comment by @alexeyguskov and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Short update from my side:

• I have bought an ID205L which is completely different device from ID205, different pin layout etc. Has NRF52840 onboard, 4MB external flash, heart rate sensor, ST7789V with full touch, a button and an accelerometer. No light sensor.
    • Its pretty easy to open using a hot gun. I managed to open mine, reflash it and seal it back without causing much damage (and i believe it can be done with no damage at all, but i don't have another device to check that :D)
    • I managed to figure out most pin assignments. Able to access display, touchscreen (incl swipes), flash memory, accelerometer readings (with interrupts). I also can communicate with heart monitor chip, but don't know how to make it start a measurement yet. DFU updates also work fine for me.
    • I wrote a jswrap module to work with SPIM interface. On nrf52840 it enables up to 32mbps communication via SPI with hardware SS and D/C pins so screen updates are pretty fast now. It also supports asynchronous js calls.

I will try to create PRs asap. Meanwhile my current progress can be found here and here.

About