You are reading a single comment by @Old_account and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Purple-Tentacle One observation: The buzz doesn't go off when the timer reaches zero, but rather one second after when END is displayed. In other words, a 10 second timer becomes an 11 second timer...

Edit: and maybe a reset option in the app? To set everything back to zero.

• The buzz doesn't go off when the timer reaches zero, but rather one second after when END is displayed. In other words, a 10 second timer becomes an 11 second timer...

Yes, that is because I am checking only for full seconds, not ms.
    Before the differnec between now and goal time had to be <=0. If you start the timer at 11:00:00:0500 it would only buzz when an additional second has passed, so at 11:00:01:0500.

I changed it so that it now alerts when difference is < 1000, so it alerts at the right second (500 ms left is <1000).

Advantage: buzzes when 00:00 is shown.
    Drawback: now it may alerts too early:
    Goal: 11:00:00:0001
    Timer: 10 seconds
    Planned alert: 11:00:10:0001
    Actual alert at 11:00:09:0002 because diff is <1000.

But this is an extreme case and I could live that.

Nevertheless, I added the following note to the readme file.
    Depending on when you start the timer, it may alert up to 0,999 seconds early. This is because it checks only for full seconds. When there is less than one seconds left, it buzzes. This cannot be avoided without checking more than every second, which I would like to avoid.

maybe a reset option in the app? To set everything back to zero.

Good idea, will do that.

About

Avatar for Old_account @Old_account started