Cannot connect to Bangle.js Beta

Posted on
  • I cannot connect to my Bangle.js Beta device with Bootloader 2v04.294.
    I tried Windows10/Chrome and iOS/WebBLE, but the device seems to be not connectable.
    I have verified that "BLE" and "Programmable" is "On" and "HID" is "Off" and I also tried selecting "Make connectable".
    However, the devide is not diplayed in the available devices list.

I triedthe Trouble Shooting page at https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoDocs­/blob/master/info/Troubleshooting%20Bang­le.js.md
    But no success.

I tried to soft reset the device (from the settings menu), but I am not sure if reseting worked, since the screen hang up with showing "resetting" all the time on the screen and never terminated. Still, when hard resetting (BTN1+2), the time was resetted to default.
    I think it seems to be either a problem with BLE or the bootloader.

Please note that an unchanged client set up, my second bangle.js device (I received recently) with Bootloader 2v05 is working without problems.

How can I connect to my Beta Bangle.js?
    How to troubleshoot BLE/Programmable/Make connectable option?
    How to update the bootloader?

• Mon 2020.04.13

Good Morning @dinkelaker, a few items need clarification,

'How can I connect to my Beta Bangle.js'

When using the WebIDE, after clicking on the Orange 'Connect' icon in upper left, do you see 'Bangle' listed as a recognized device?

'the devide (sic) is not diplayed (sic) in the available devices list'

As it appears there has been a bit of success here,

Did the recent Bangle connect to the same Windows10 PC? Beneath the Settings >> Bluetooth >> Other Devices, is the recent Bangle listed as 'Paired'? If yes, is this true for the Beta version?

• First step I would definitely update the Espruino firmware with https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js#firmw­are-updates

That should fix a lot of your issues!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Cannot connect to Bangle.js Beta

Posted by Avatar for dinkelaker @dinkelaker

Actions