• I can assure you that after running a setInterval that updated once a second,

Can you please share build version and a code snippet.
    So you might get additional help on this ;-)

• Sat 2020.03.26

'please share build version and a code snippet'

Build version is provided at the end of post #1 code file at post #12 link here

Thank you @MaBe for taking the time to read through this post, and your enthusiasm and curiosity to assist here.

I purposely wrote the content and selected the title requesting a 'Technique' as I realized debugging this will be too time consuming to put anyone through. I also realized Gordon would understand that, as he had been assisting here in another thread I started a month ago, and wouldn't be available, (see post #9 there, below) until after the Bangle K.S. shipments. I kept the request terse, knowing that I could move forward with a simple technique as reducing the demand on memory, may and most likely allow me to see this through to completion.

post #12 Tutorial example output anomaly using low level access PPI on MDBT42Q breakout board

To 'whet your whistle' I discovered some cool stuff using PPI that would make for a great multi-part tutorial to put the Javascript haters at bay, demonstrating near one-for-one match with that other 'C' programmed ubiquitous device.

The last code file in post #12 above worked as I described above in post #1 here, great until I started adding functions that called multiple console.log statements rendering var contents to the WebIDE console. I knew I was running short on memory in the other thread, and continuing was going to be a challenge.

I've also toyed with whether I'd be better off attempting to teach others to use this tutorial in order to find a solution, compared with just pluggin' along knowing it's likely a memory issue. My realization is that I would spend more time attempting to convey concepts and use others time that will be needed with Bangle, than just continuing performing tests with Gordon's new suggestion. The code file is over 1500 lines of code and comments, and is using 90%+ of available memory.

To move forward, the six bulleted items at the end of post #12 need more needed attention at the moment, in order for me to complete this tutorial. Adding Gordon's suggestion, and seeking solutions to pare down the existing file size is trivial at this point. Providing assistance in solving those items would be a more prudent use of your time, should you be able to spare it, and thank you.

Should I not find a suitable solution within a week, I'll post the entire code file as it sits.

About