Pairing to phone?

Posted on
  • Will we be able to pair the watch to a smartphone for internet access?

Thanks,

Chris

• hi @ChrisHardie pairing with Android should be possible via Chrome + WebBLE. iPhone is a little trickier. When you say pair to access internet what are you planning to accomplish?

Checkout the threads on GadgetBridge

In a nutshell, if you have a hosted web application, on Android it is a breeze. You even get notifications via GadgetBridge.

On iOS you need to buy an app (very reasonably priced) to access the web application because Safari doesn't have WebBLE support yet. I don't think there is a GadgetBridge equivalent on iOS yet. I could be wrong.

• Thanks for the reply @PiOfThings. I'm thinking about leveraging gestures to control IoT devices. I'd also like to view telemetry data in real-time.

If I can execute POST requests then I can invoke a webhook on my IoT platform to control my devices.

If I can get websocket support, I could connect to my websocket server and view telemetry from my devices which would be pretty cool.

I have an Android so I'll take a look at the GadgetBridge you mentioned. Thanks again!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Pairing to phone?

Posted by Avatar for ChrisHardie @ChrisHardie

Actions