Building Espruino from very old release.

Posted on
  • Hi,

I am trying to build a very old Espruino release 1_V84. I know this is a very very old release and may not work fully but I wanted to do some experiment as this is the last official release which supports S110 softdevice for nrf51.

I am getting lots of error. see attached file. I have installed gcc-arm-none-eabi fom scripts/provision.sh file (just executed the commands manually and export the path)

Can someone help me to install this specific version , Please!!!

I want to build a minimalistic esprunio from this release (1_V84) to save some space and add Flash module so that I can use require("flash") from the script.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS and this command for build.

NRF51822DK=1 BLE_INTERFACE=1 RELEASE=1 make 

Thanks!!!

1 Attachment

• Sounds like a compiler issue. Did you make clean?

However I'd imagine that the work involved in adding S110 support back into the current Espruino builds might not be that hard.

• @Gordon, Sure I will try clean. But the code is just taken from git release and does not have a single line change. I am assuming that it should compile straightforward.

BTW, you said s110 is not harder to add in current Esprunio? What is the procedure?

Definitely I would need the latest one, but just trying to do simple poc before flashing latest one. Considering that my nrf51822 is having only 256 kb of flash and 32 kB of ram.

• But the code is just taken from git release and does not have a single line change. I am assuming that it should compile straightforward.

from the compiler output it looks like some parts were compiled for different arm cpu, so maybe you tried to build it first without some options selecting nrf51 , 'make clean' will remove that

BTW, you said s110 is not harder to add in current Esprunio? What is the procedure?

The procedure is basically to become Espruino developer :-) Go over the github source and search (github search box in upper left corner) for S130 and S132 and possibly also NRF_SD_BLE_API_VERSION to get the picture of the complexity.

• @Gordon make clean did work.

But now I am facing another issue.

targets/nrf5x/bluetooth.c:940:3: error: 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 mode

I am getting the same issue in latest code from git and V84 release.

It seems that this is something related to environment or GCC ....

1 Attachment

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Building Espruino from very old release.

Posted by Avatar for Abhigkar @Abhigkar

Actions