You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • What is this link for?

As @Robin pointed out with the link, its for relaying the IDE in case you don't have an working BLE adapter, just like my old laptop.

Is this the link you are after?

Well no, I'm trying to connect to my Pixl from my old laptop using my mobile phone with the relay page. I am pretty sure I already successfully tested this a while ago (maybe 2 months or so)

The normal IDE works fine, but can't connect directly because my laptops bluetooth does not support LE and my BLE dongle is for some reason not recognised by Windows/Chrome

EDIT: Btw: I can connect to the Pixl using the Chrome app on my phone with the WebIDE, but of course it's not really efficient to develop on it.

• Sat 2020.02.22

'my BLE dongle is for some reason not recognised by Windows/Chrome'

So as the Chrome app functions on the mobile phone, it seems to be BLE that is the issue, also confirmed with the dongle now not functioning.

FYI The last Windows10 update (~circa six weeks ago) had me in fits, and had to uninstall the BLE 4.1 driver and re-install it to get the external dongle to work again. If memory serves, I had to play with Settings >> Add Device (and remove - (un)pair) many times also. This might correspond with the 'maybe 2 months or so' successful comment.

Incidentally, I just re-read the content at the link posted in #3 and the instructions there state the relay is for the phone and the WebIDE is for the PC running BLE. Now I'm a bit confused by the comment in post #4 'The normal IDE works fine' If it actually works 'fine' then it should connect, shouldn't it? . . . or, . . . did you mean it just launches without error?

• Sorry for the confusion:

So to make it clear:
    1) WebIDE on my laptop works in the sense that it can load properly. BUT I can't connect because the built-in bluetooth in my laptop doesn't not support BLE and the BT dongle doesn't work.
    2) The WebIDE on my phone using Chrome works; I can connect to the Pixl, but it's not comfortable to work with
    3) But: the relay page that used to work before on my phone doesn't work either on my phone and my laptop (just shows this empty page)

@Robin

I had to play with Settings >> Add Device (and remove - (un)pair) many times also.

Strange thing is: the dongle (it's a TP Link UB400) is working fine with my desktop PC. But I just found no way to get it to work on my old HP 8440p yet. I guess this is a problem with USB ports/chipset. The dongle is connected and Chrome shows it in the chrome://bluetooth-internals page and in there also finds the Pixl. But then in the WebIDE popup it finds nothing (doesn't even seem to begin to search)
    -> hence, I tried to use the relay that doesn't work :(

As @MaBe found out I guess this is a real issue with the page itself

at Object.addIcon (app.js:376)

Maybe this related to the changes that @Gordon made to the WebIDE by adding the storage icon?

About