• The provision script has only sdk15 there, is sdk14 expected to work too? I unzipped latest sdk 14 into targetlibs/nrf5x_14 in same way as in provision.sh, applied NFC patches from targetlibs/nrf5x_14 (but disabled NFC in board file anyway), copied external/micro-ecc from sdk12 or sdk15 (both seem to work fine) and it builds with one config tweak (rising RNG_CONFIG_POOL_SIZE value to 64). The result works in bare nrf52 board with soft device 5.0 however the output from Nordic UART service appears to be a bit garbled. I can connect and run basic commands but e.g. just 'process.env' JSON output is not valid with missing random parts. So even the web ide mostly does not recognize the board when connecting. Is this known issue?

I'm trying this because most of the "Da Fit app" family of nrf52 smartwatches are based on SoftDevice 5.0.0 and can be reflashed without taking apart so this is easiest way. Otherwise we could of course reflash its custom boootloader with nordic DFU one and then trying to downgrade to SDK12/SD3.0 if that is what is currently better for running Espruino.

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started