• Wondering why you initialize the HW twice...

Also looked at your coding and formatting stile in the module...

• Long names / identifiers that do not get and cannot get (easily) minified (or for constants to get folded in), are a burden: they use memory / variables in Espruino (because interpretation from source code), therefore the shorter the better. Therefore, I would refactor/rename them.
    • Spacing related to (reserved) key words and parenthesis and curly braces feels odd to me as a compiler / parser guy... I know it works, but it is like reading text and making the breaks and taking breaths off-interpunctions...

Last but not least, I'd take a look at the try counts and defer times: timeout times rcTimeoutTime and ccTimeoutTime (I'd like to see them anyway to be part of the C-onstants and not hard coded... ;/...). Make them match to hour intended measuring interval / prevent time overlapping. Worst case - or if you really want to get tight - you make an open interval constructed with comparing actual time and a defer with a timeout if needed to not measure more frequently that your intend maximum, but give time to complete a measurement in case it takes longer. Such a construct (self calling - by timeout -method/function as in the rc and cc defers in the module) you can use then also for firing right again a measurement after a failing one.

All depends though on your context where you want to use the sensor. I assume you did this work not just for the sensors' sake.

NB: Don't forget to remove the convenient setTimeout(onInit,... before you upload for saving (the code)

• Thank you for the hints. I will keep to work on it in the next weeks, since it is part of my research project at university. I will try to follow your advice. HW initializing twice is an error, I just copied it twice. Thank you again for your efforts!

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started