You are reading a single comment by @user109289 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello, I received two puck.js today and the website said it's best to update the firmware when you get them.
    I used my Galaxy s9+ and downloaded the nrf toolbox.
    Held the button while powering the puck.js on briefly and green light turned brighter as described.
    I went and downloaded the latest firmware 2v04 and went through the process of uploading. Puck light went from bright green to blue during the upload process.
    All seemed well, got to 100% and the puck.js blue light went off and the nrf toolbox showed failed/puck disconnected.
    After this nothing works except when you push the button on the puck.js it now just glows bright green when you push the button. If you take battery out and hold button while inserting battery it just stays green no matter how long you hold button. Search only finds "DfuTarg" now. If you take battery out and put back in and don't touch button, you find nothing on search from any device.

• Wed 2020.02.05

Hello @user109289 and thank you for your interest and purchase of Espruino Puck's. While it might be somewhat frustrating, attempting to reflash a device, the instructions have been used by many successfully, but I found it a bit intimidating attempting to grasp which mode the device was in and at what time.

'If you take battery out and put back in and don't touch button'

After flashing, what LED's flashed as the battery is re-inserted?

After flashing, had a 'Hard Reset' been performed?

http://www.espruino.com/Puck.js#hard-res­et

While I don't have a Puck handy, and would have to perform the following from memory, I shall be checking back here over the next three hours, say every half hour or so. It's 17:30 CST

I'll re-read the flash steps to refresh my memory, but in the mean time, has a re-flash been attempted? Has a flash of an older version of Espruino been tried? (just to rule out any new version un-validated anomalies)

Start here, move to parent directory:

http://www.espruino.com/binaries/travis/­master/

It will be necessary to search by date, such as '2019-12'

About

Avatar for user109289 @user109289 started