You are reading a single comment by @Andrewmk and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Yes, I'm afraid over the weekend someone sent spam personal messages to a bunch of forum members (over 300 by the look of it!). David (the guy that made and runs the forum) has been removing those messages, but a lot of people will still have had email notifications which obviously can't be taken back.

Right now all the PMs have been removed, but they should be back soon.

Amazingly the spam messages all appear to have been sent manually!. Someone was just sitting there at a PC sending out all the messages over the course of several hours - David is adding some sanity checks to prevent this sort of thing (one user sending messages to loads of different people) happening in the future, but at the end of the day there's very little we can do about the forum spam posts that have been appearing lately (short of deleting them quickly) if they're made by actual humans.

• Is there a 'report spam' function somewhere that I've missed? I got the spam PM and I've noticed spam postings in the forums before now.

Andrew

About

Avatar for Andrewmk @Andrewmk started