• You can use any discovery board - it's the SWD programmer on it that you care about. However you can also use ST's nucleo boards and one of those has an almost identical chip: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/n­ucleo-f401re.html

If you want to use STM32cubeIDE you'd basically be starting completely from scratch though (without Espruino).

You could then start off getting everything working using just the Nucleo board and then move it over to the Pico when you're happy. If you've never flashed an MCU before then that's what I'd suggest as it's definitely a less steep learning curve!

inline C is also not fast enough

Inline C is C code compiled to native code with GCC, with optimisation. You're not going to get code to run substantially faster than that regardless of what you do (although it's always possible that the JS surrounding your inline C is slowing it down).

Worth bearing in mind as you may go to a lot of effort only to find there is no difference in speed.

is it possible to flash PICO as Arduino?

Not easily - if you want to use the Arduino IDE, I'd buy an Arduino board and it'll 'just work'

• HI Gordon,

Thank you for your information.

It seems SWD can be connected using wires, correct me if I am wrong. I am wondering what role st-link play in this case

Thanks

About

Avatar for user101931 @user101931 started