You are reading a single comment by @Andrewmk and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @allObjects Thanks for the reply. I didn't know so much effort went into the peripheral interfacing side of things. I naively thought compiling the code for the same CPU/SoC would make it relatively easy. I don't know anywhere near enough about this stuff to help with any porting.

• I didn't know so much effort went into the peripheral interfacing side of things. I naively thought compiling the code for the same CPU/SoC would make it relatively easy.

It depends :-) Personally I consider it indeed relatively easy. When just following the guide https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/README_Building.md#for-nordic-s­emiconductors-nrf51nrf52-series-devices and building version for MDBT42Q board you'll get firmware hex file that will work in pinetime board and you can start exploring rest of the hardware interactively in javascript code over bluetooth or even serial console if Pinetime has two spare pins for RX/TX. That is much easier than coding anything for Pinetime in C.

As the Pinetime pinout is documented (full list in PDF here) and also datasheets are linked there, it could be indeed relatively easy.

About

Avatar for Andrewmk @Andrewmk started