• Hi... HELP!

I am trying to connect my movesense device https://www.movesense.com/ to a Raspberry Pi 4.

I am using the docker container IOTstack and have installed, among other things - the Espruino hub and I am trying to retrieve the heart rate (0x2A37) and RR number from the movesense device.

When I connect the mqtt queues according to the Bluetooth LE and Node-RED with MQTT tutorial all the standard things described in the tutorial work perfectly (e.g. advertise, presence, etc).

BUT - when I try to get the heart rate information (0x2A37) and RR number I do not know how to do it. I have tried writing to a queue. I have tried creating mqtt setups in node red that relate to the connections described here: https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoHub#­connections as well and I cannot get it work.

I know the movesense device is sending Heart rate information as I can see it using nRF connect.

This is driving me crazy as I am totally lost and I don't know if the problem is my lack of knowledge or if I am missing something or if the service is not available with Espruino hub...

Is there some other advice tutorial you can point me to please?

Thanks,
    Helic

• Just to show you in case it is not clear what I am talking about please find attached my node-red flow. The output you see in the debug tab is from the advertise queue: /ble/advertise/0c:8c:dc:22:6f:c7/#

1 Attachment

• node-red.jpg
  • Did you close the forum post on purpose? It would explain why nobody had replied.

I'm not sure there's a tutorial on using EspruinoHub for what you're attempting...

However it might help first to use an app like 'NRF Connect' on your phone to connect to the device in question and figure out exactly where the values you're interested in are?

If they are just advertised then you may be able to find that data in an MQTT advertising packet, without having to connect.

• Hi Gordon,

Thanks for replying.

Yes I closed it because I had to find a solution to the problem quickly and so I used something else. I also did not want to waste anyone's time.

I got it to work for advertised information. I did use 'NRF connect', but was unable to figure out how to connect and listen to the notifications...

I could not find a tutorial to match my use case either.

Thanks!
    Helic

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Espruino Hub , Node Red, MQTT, Raspberry Pi and Movesense

Posted by Avatar for user108192 @user108192