You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ahh, sorry about this. I just figured out what's happening. The Thingy:52 ships with a signed bootloader, and Nordic won't share the private key for it (or even provide a hex file the 'unlocks' it).

So... the app zip file is one that's specially signed by Nordic for use with their signed bootloader. I should have remembered this - I've just asked Nordic if they can sign the 2v04 firmware, so hopefully if they do that then there will be a new app.zip file which 'just works'

If you can upload the hex file over SWD with a DK then it'll 'just work' and you get an unlocked Espruino bootloader that you can always update to the newest version with though.

• and Nordic won't share the private key for it (or even provide a hex file the 'unlocks' it).

One could posibly rewrite their bootloader from Espruino via the Flash module api? Or even disable just the signature check but whole espruino bootloader is of course much better and cleaner solution.

• Hey, were you ever able to get nordic to sign the 2v04 firmware?

Thanks.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started