• I've recently purchased a ESP32-POE-ISO from Olimax to use as the controller for an LED art installation. I chose it due to my requirements for POE, small form factor, uses a well supported microcontroller (esp32), and is totally open source (and designed in KiCad!).

I haven't used Espruino before, but since I'm a TypeScript dev by day, I figured it would probably greatly reduce development difficulty. I can write C/C++, but I don't love doing so for more complex projects.

In any case, this board uses the LAN8710 Ethernet PHY, which as far as I can tell, isn't yet supported by Espruino.

I can go the Arduino route and implement this project in C++, but I'd love to use Espruino. I'm potentially interested in starting work on a native module for the LAN8710, assuming it's a reasonable task to undertake.

Otherwise, I'm curious about other approaches I can use to integrate with this PHY. Perhaps a native module that does the Ethernet IO and exposes a simpler interface to Javascript.

Are there good examples of mixed C++/Javascript development? Other PHY implementations I could look at? Other tips, pointers?

Thanks.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Interested in implementing LAN8710 support (for Olimex esp32-poe)

Posted by Avatar for Hypher @Hypher

Actions