• Sat 2019.12.28

Thank you for the reply @AkosLukacs and I had considered that.

But isn't 2v04.218 current release and 2v04.84 the cutting edge build?

What got me thinking against the firmware update was the fact these were the Beta prototype left overs from the NodeConf EU held in November, links in post #4 and the tutorials there are extensive. So, it seems likely that version of Espruino Bangle most likely could do all the tasks in the tutorials. I would think that accessing the settings menu was a basic task needed in order to select which app to launch, and to turn the darn thing off. Holding off for now. (and don't have immediate access to a smart phone to perform that task) My 0.02 worth.

Inconsistencies, I agree. With the device now fully charged:

>process.env
    ={
      VERSION: "2v04.218",
      GIT_COMMIT: "5439331a",
      BOARD: "BANGLEJS",
      FLASH: 524288, RAM: 65536,
      SERIAL: "330b0ad8-0c11713d",
      CONSOLE: "Bluetooth",
      MODULES: "Flash,Storage,hea" ... "ow,graphical_menu",
      EXPTR: 536883676 }
    > 

EDIT:
    I just noticed in the Charging thread your statement 'Mine charges at a fairly constant ~230mA. What do you see?'

Do you have one of the Beta Bangles also? If so, once the watch turns on, and a clock face renders, what sequence then brings up the settings menu?

• Hi, afaik, there is no "release" for the bangle, it's still beta :) There are several fixes in the current cutting edge build compared to the Nodeconf firmware (about month time difference). Also the apps themselves were updated since Nodeconf. For example Apps versioning wasn't in that version. But done entirely in the "apps". No firmware changes, just JS changes.

The bootloader
    and settings are "apps" themselves, if you clean all JS code, the remaining functionality is like an MDBT42 breakout board: It can do lots of things, if you write your own code :)

Middle button -> app list, and go to the "Settings" app to bring up the settings. If the bootloader and settings are installed!

• Sat 2019.12.28

re: 'Middle button -> app list, and go to the "Settings" app'

Middle button appears dead when the clock face is visible. No change. No app list.

re: 2nd pp #7 post, that confirms my basic mental model. Have done that with the online 'apps' but with your links to the source, I'll create a new project environment and attempt another complete reset. Back in a half hour . . . .

About

Avatar for AkosLukacs @AkosLukacs started