You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks for the help, I've also tried that combo several times too. Nothing displays on the screen so I can't do the second part of it.

After ~2 hours of charging it's just started flashing the green LED on the back (HR monitor?) randomly but there's still no display/beeps/vibration. I'm going to leave it for a while longer and see what happens.

WRT to the GPS, that makes sense, I was inside when I tried it. I was probably expecting too much of it.

• Fri 2019.12.17

ref #3 post 'but I'm also not sure there's supposed to be a charging light/animation?'

No. Just discovered there is no charging indication. The screen stays completely dark.

'Nothing displays on the screen so I can't do the second part of it'
    'but there's still no display/beeps/vibration'

FYI - Nothing was displayed and no vibration on mine either, (see my EDIT 1 inside #2 post) but I had just viewed the splash screen before, so I just formed a mental picture while counting 'One-one thousand, two-one thousand, . . . ' and as I released both buttons, the word 'Rebooting' in tiny ?2?pt font briefly flashed. I left it plugged in for a good twenty minutes more, and then it just started right up.

'After ~2 hours of charging it's just started flashing the green LED on the back'

This is a good sign. As you are just leaving it plugged in for a bit more is the best option at this point. In a pseudo panic state, I did the above routine at least five times before any duration longer than a few seconds of up time were observed. Patience.

https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js+Techn­ical

502527 Lithium ion battery

Found this article on how to bring a Li-Ion back to life. They are a bit more finiky than the old NiCd or NiMH rechargeables.

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/arti­cle/low_voltage_cut_off

Even though your device indicated it had some amount of charge, and only a few days elapsed, it might be that the low threshold was reached, temporarily rendering the battery in a non-starting state.

What type of device is being used on the charging side? Is there another cable involved? Could either be suspect? Are the pins next to the magnets shinny? Try depressing and releasing them. Maybe a spring is stuck. Any crud on the back side of the watch?

About