• I was raised to have an extreme disdain for that kind of stripper (The one robin and gordon showed a picture of). My father spoke ill of them every time they came up, and presented them as a "well, this might be easier while you're new to stripping wires" type thing - I was raised on these things... of course as I said when I started this thread an eon ago, I have now seen the light. Thermal wire stripping is just such a joy compared to the old way (it was often more than a third of the time a project took to wire up!)

1 Attachment

• 21LC9HZrzAL.jpg
  • Sat 2019.11.16

Hey @DrAzzy a bit puzzled from the image shown and the tone of the response.

'raised to have an extreme disdain for that kind of stripper (The one robin and gordon showed a picture of)'

Which is 'that kind' ? The images I posted were of mechanical strippers, Gordon's a thermal type.

'I have now seen the light. Thermal wire stripping is just such a joy compared to the old way'

The statement indicates that using a thermal stripper is preferable, yet the image shown in #4 is that of an adjustable stripper.

Was the image to show the type of tool that you grew up with?

re: 'I was raised on these things'

Although I have used the Klein type as well as the adjustable, I've always found the offset opposing blades would nick the wire, whereas the hand clamp type has a matching same side cutter blade arrangement. Maybe I just lucked out with a pristeen set of blades, which incidentally, are adjustable.

For the thermal stripper, as I pointed out in #3, we were using those thirty five years ago in a manufacturing environment USA and definitely sped up the stripping process.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started