NFC vCard

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • I don't have time to look into this properly right now, but as a sanity check does NRF.nfcURL("http://www.espruino.com") work fine for you, so you're sure you can read the Pixl normally?

It's just the VCARD code that is the issue?

• Hello @Gordon, thank you for your response.

It's just the VCARD code that is the issue?

That is correct. nfcURL works without issue and can be read with multiple devices.

• Ok, thanks. Does it work on other readers, for example Android?

@AntiCat did mention in http://forum.espruino.com/comments/14950­929/ that you need to add that extra bit of code for iPhone. Did you give that one a try?

• Does it work on other readers, for example Android?

Yes, the NRF.nfcURL(...) was tested with and Android tablet and older Android phone as well.

@AntiCat did mention in http://forum.espruino.com/comments/14950­929/ that you need to add that extra bit of code for iPhone. Did you give that one a try?

Yes. But I will be the first to say it's not clear to me what order to perform this. If you combine the code samples, it does not work - but I do not expect it to either. It has to be something so simple that I am missing:

var data = new Uint8Array(16+872);
    data.set("\x00\x00\xE1\x10\x6D\x00\x03\x­00\xFE\x00", 0x0A);
    var tag = require("NFCTag").create(data);

var vcard = require("NFCvCard").create("BEGIN:VCARD\­n"+
                                         "VERSION:2.1\n"+
                                         "N:Doe;John;;Mr.\n"+
                                         "FN:John Doe\n"+
                                         "TEL;WORK;VOICE:(111) 555-1212\n"+
                                         "EMAIL:jondoe@example.com\n"+
                                         "END:VCARD\n");

Maybe @AntiCat could post the full code used to get it working so I can copy/paste it on my end and see similar results?

• Sat 2019.11.02

'I have provided what I thought was everything you asked for'

I re-read the posts starting with the #8 original inquiry. The requests are there in plain sight. It is quite possible @Tesseract-Developer that I over estimated the troubleshooting skill level using the environment within the WebIDE. Tackling a local module usually isn't a first step introduction. Maybe too much detail was missed going between posts, perhaps?

As Gordon pointed out in #26 for the next week next no time is available and for the two weeks following that, will be super busy, so his ability to apply 'nitty-gritty' debugging will be virtually non-existent. While we wait, how well are you able to debug? One course of action could be to cut-n-paste the individual module functions into your own code, and wrap those with try/catch statements or use the WebIDE debugger.

The response to test in post #26 further suggests the hunch I had still stands.

We still need more information to narrow down where to look. If what I suspect isn't the case, we may be at the step #29 request. If taking a peek reveals what I suspect, then we may need one or more additional steps. In either case, any onlooker will require this detail to avoid back-n-forth requests for the additional detail. I'm prepared to avail myself this weekend to get the basics out of the way.

As I pointed out in #22 I'm now at a dis-advantage without a device to test, so I'll be relying on the feedback provided me, and what I discovered last week.

I also inquired about:

ref: #10 #11 #13 #15 ' I attempted to simply change the "NFCvCard" to "NFCTag" '
    'Could this now be bad information perhaps?'

I was looking for your explanation here. To me it seems the text string are reversed, based on the code snippet provided in #29.

Lets start with answering that so we are all on the same page, and we'll just handle one item at a time to eliminate possible confusion along the way.

• I'm not 100% sure, but maybe if you edited the NFCvCard as follows:

NFCvCard.prototype.publish = function(data) {
      //wrap vCard using template data
      this._record = new Uint8Array(C.HEADER.length + data.length + C.TERM_TLV.length);
      this._record.set(C.HEADER, 0);
      this._record.set(data, C.HEADER.length);
      this._record.set(C.TERM_TLV, C.HEADER.length + data.length);

//inject NDEF Message length
      this._record[C.ML_OFFSET] = C.RECORD_HEADER_LEN + data.length;

//inject payload length
      this._record[C.PL_LSB_OFFSET] = data.length;

this._record.set("\x00\x00\xE1\x10\x6D\x­00\x03\x00\xFE\x00", 0x0A);
      //publish new vCard
      this._driver.setData(this._record);
    };

but that's a total guess I'm afraid