• Ok, some more info:

I tried connecting to the BLE sensor from iOS and that worked as well, so I am pretty sure the sensor accepts incoming connections just fine and the issue is with the way the MDBT42Q tries to connect to the sensor.

I noticed https://www.espruino.com/Reference#l_NRF­_setSecurity, which indicates that "bond" is true by default. The BLE sensor does not do bonding, so trying to bond will fail ... however, I believe since the connection attempt comes before bonding it should still succeed.

Just to be sure, I tried
    NRF.setSecurity({bond:false});
    but that fails with "Uncaught Error: BLE error 0x7 (INVALID_PARAM)"
    Other security parameters can be set just fine, so something is wrong with the "bond" parameter or the documentation.

In any case, I am still stuck.

Thanks,
    -- Terrence

• Terrence, until others respond timely, my guess suggestions may not be of any assistance, but to assist the others;

When testing from iOS is that also/only with the WebIDE and iOS? (e.g. not testing using windows10 - Is it possible to test with Win10? not an Android device)

Which BLE sensor is in use? Would you post a link to it's doc's please.

Is it possible that the 'bond' attribute must be used with the/some of the other attributes? (S.W.A.G. guessing here)

Posting *ALL* the code may better assist others.

Is this of any use beneath heading 'Bonding / Whitelisting'

https://www.espruino.com/BLE+Security#li­ne=37,38

'Just to be sure, I tried NRF.setSecurity({bond:false});'

I notice in the documentation there, the display attribute has a value of 1 rather than true. Has a numerical value been tried instead?

'so something is wrong with the "bond" parameter or the documentation'

My guess is that the doc's are okay as they have been around and in use for over two years now. But there are many correlated forum responses, too many to mention in this thread but try Google gatt ble site:espruino.com with the site specifier to obtain a list of many tens of entries. That might provide some insight, while waiting. . . .

About

Avatar for user103949 @user103949 started