• @aliustaoglu - before @cuneyt, sorry not having responded to you then...

I see the benefit of this approach, because you can just just any IDE to develop your code and then with a target specific script upload all code... and even automate it.

In your scripts you include also the flashing of the firmware. You do need that only when a new version becomes available. A board once flashed with the firmware needs only the javascript application part to be uploaded. I see not all of the package.json but I assume you consider that when using it.

Furthermore, you can universalize this package.json/scripts by de-version the firmware and have a link to the most recent one. For the application part you already do this by convention to always use index.js. Version and board specifics have of course be taken care of.

• @allObjects
    Yes I've been using this method all the time. It works pretty fine. I like using terminal and vscode so this approach suits me best. Also I like to have multiple files so I can make my system quite modular.

I've also created an npm package. If you install this npm module globally you can create this boilerplate easily and then change it as you desire and have this structure. It supports both ESP8266 and ESP32. Module is here:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/espruino-cĀ­reate-project

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started