• Hello All,

First of all thank you for your work - I love this project and please consider below as attempt to make it better (in my personal opinion).

I'm working on microcontroller projects for 2-3 years and since then every few months I'm trying Espruino. I'm super happy to see incremental improvements and things fixed. However since the beginning I faced 2 main issues - which I think are still not addressed. And I would love to learn your approach to these.

1. VSCode integration. Web IDE is great to kickoff, but honestly anything longer than 50 lines is painful.
      I think one of the major reasons for Platform.IO popularity was VSCode integration. Having official VSCode plugin + TypeScript integration would be a killer.

2. ESP is still considered as 2'nd grade citizen (IMO). I think I tried most of the Espruino releases on both ESP8266 and ESP32 and always suffered with some stability issues. Not mentioning that some of framework and board features are still not supported.
      I do understand that business model is around own boards, but reality is that ESP is unbeatable mix of power and cost, and main competitors have better support for these boards. Personally this was the main reasons why for many projects I had to switch to other FW.

Again please do not read this as negative feedback, it's more personal explanation why - even if I love to use Espruino, I still have to work with other frameworks with less friendly language.

I would love to learn your approach to above and how we can help.

• I think I tried most of the Espruino releases on both ESP8266 and ESP32 and always suffered with some stability issues.

I didn't run into any issues on ESP8266 yet, however I didn't work with 1.x releases. Did you report all bugs?

About

Avatar for maze1980 @maze1980 started