• Hi Gordon,
    that's the code I used - initially. I added some () for the prints to make them python3 compatible, the version I have on the pi is 3.5 (not the latest, also complicated, as string substitution with these fStrings - yeah - is not possible for example...).

I'll give the python3 recommendations a try back in the office (wed), for now I tried to go with useing node.js - to start with I wanted to use my macbook with mojave. So the whole noble lib seems a mess - as the docs suggest I went with noble-mac now.

Interestingly, I was able to use my new pixl.js with the example - the code example found the device, connected, sent the command and disconnected. I did need to switch from : to - in the device address -somehow the devices addresses have - for me...

Now at home tried it with a puck, latest version.

pro:pixltests i511648$ node puckjs.js 
    Noble: stateChange -> poweredOn
    Found device:  80-82-23-2d-de-d5
    Found device:  80-82-23-2d-de-d5
    Found device:  ef-22-d8-d6-2e-71
    BT> Connecting
    Found device:  ef-22-d8-d6-2e-71
    BT> Connecting
    BT> Connected
    BT> Connected

All I changed in my code, see below, is the device address. I connected via the web ide, NRF.getAddress() and replace the : with - so the device is found.

Really the same code (https://www.espruino.com/Interfacing#nod­e-js) except the address line changed to:

var ADDRESS = "ef:22:d8:d6:2e:71".replace(/:/g, "-");

BTW find it super amazing that the browser with web bluetooth now seems to be the most stable BLE api you can find out there :-)

About

Avatar for hansamann @hansamann started