• @MaBe, thanks for posting this link. I would construct it with a bit more diffusion effect. I recently made some practical - micro controller free - 3D print and LED application, pub'd 'somewhere else':

Have my 3D Anet A8 printer for a while now... printed many fun and useful parts; most for my HAM radio class and some other (model railway) things. BUT now the first real thing for practical use: The RV Cab light cover gave way to (UV) sun light and needed a replacement. Same time I switched from incandescent to LED. And that's how it looks.--- Filament is 'clear' ABS, 0.15mm layer, thickness of light surface is 1mm. Douse - filled and painted - finished part w/ Acetone for reinforcement by 'melting/netting' the layers and increase transparency... Some of the Acetone could creep into some of the (not so tight) layers and created this globe map pattern of oceans and continents.

I see the value of using Neopixel because then no multiplexing is needed,... offloads the micro controller and allows even colors.

2 Attachments

• sG0.png
    • sG1.jpg
About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started