You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I've already purchased 30 MDBT modules for DigiKey for this project

For anyone else viewing, you can buy modules from the Espruino shop that have Espruino pre-installed at https://shop.espruino.com/mdbt42q/mdbt42­q-module (the Digikey ones won't have Espruino installed).

Espruino shop boards are reasonably competitive with Digikey's (link @Robin posted) price-wise (at 10+ quantities), plus they come with Espruino installed, you get support, and their sales help to fund Espruino - they may just take a few days extra to arrive.

As @billsalt has noted he's bought Espruino hardware in the past and does work both with and without Espruino, so I'm sure he has his reasons and at the end of the day everyone's free to do whatever they want. However in this case if he'd purchased the modules from me I'd probably have been looking seriously at adding the functionality because obviously I want people to buy more Espruino boards, and one of the ways I can do that is by adding features and providing support for the boards I sell.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started