You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks @Gordon! I've already purchased 30 MDBT modules for DigiKey for this project, so the sale has already been made :-} I think touch-to-pair, OOB pairing is a great way to get good authentication and help make our solutions secure.

I'll keep the consulting offer in mind, but may indeed go and do a custom version based on the Nordic examples (HR, in particular). If I do so and get it working, I'd happily contribute it back.

That being said, I don't know how many Espruino implementations have a need for good security, but commercial products have an increasing visibility. See the story today about Russian hackers using iOT devices as entry points to hack larger systems. My $0.02, as we say in the US (conversion to local currencies left to the reader).

Thanks again! Bill

• Tue 2019.08.06

Hi Bill, hate to be a buzz-kill, just an observation here,

'I've already purchased 30 MDBT modules for DigiKey'

With the quantities onhand at DigiKey, I'm guessing that those are not the ones pre-loaded with Espruino, and not providing support for Gordon and Espruino either.

For future reference,
    I feel that Gordon probably could have beaten that price, if purchased direct, or through a distributor with several weeks advanced notice.

If flashing each will be a pain, would paying a restocking fee, and ordering Espruino pre-loaded make more sense?

• Thanks for the observation @Robin. There's a lot more going on with my project, including a custom flex circuit with a tag-connect JTAG port, so I'm good with what I've got going on.

I've ordered parts directly in the past and was very happy with that and support @Gordon and recommend the Espruino products quite often.

Thanks!
    Bill

About