You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • If anyone else really needs this, post up here and let me know.

If this'll result in 25 Espruino board sales then I could definitely look into adding it for you - although obviously if there aren't sales there's not so much motivation to add it. I'm also open to consulting, or it may be that it's actually easier for you to just modify the Espruino firmware to add OOB pairing yourself? It may not be a big deal.

• Thanks @Gordon! I've already purchased 30 MDBT modules for DigiKey for this project, so the sale has already been made :-} I think touch-to-pair, OOB pairing is a great way to get good authentication and help make our solutions secure.

I'll keep the consulting offer in mind, but may indeed go and do a custom version based on the Nordic examples (HR, in particular). If I do so and get it working, I'd happily contribute it back.

That being said, I don't know how many Espruino implementations have a need for good security, but commercial products have an increasing visibility. See the story today about Russian hackers using iOT devices as entry points to hack larger systems. My $0.02, as we say in the US (conversion to local currencies left to the reader).

Thanks again! Bill

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started