• 'I'm able to continue just fine because it's intermittent'

On an extreme unique project a year ago, when I got to 4 modules ~1000 lines each, the intermittent turned into each upload. To save my sanity, I gave up and switched to a monolithic file. Then when done, created the individual modules for final testing. Deploying modules to a remote server such as GiHub worked reliably also.

'One Pico to control each channel'

Does the design actually require a dedicated Pico for each channel?

Has the MDBT42Q with more pins and BLE been considered? (my favorite - wireless programming)

http://www.espruino.com/MDBT42Q

Which is being used for comm. SPI, I2C or USART? I don't see why one Pico couldn't handle more than one dedicated task. Lot's of free space between pulses when viewing with a logic analyzer. MUX the pins perhaps?

Sounds like a fun project. Only wish I had more time to get back to my synth practice. Rick Wakeman look out!!

'Though I wonder what a 300ms wait would do'

For me, but on a Windows10 PC, the upload will hang. Closing the WebIDE and relaunching is the only option. (I've found so far)

It is interesting to check what is going on under the hood. If this hasn't been discovered yet:

WebIDE >> Settings >> Console

• This project will grow obviously, but I think I'm going to use @Gordon's idea of a local webserver to serve them up. Heck, I could just use my bitbucket URLs to the files.

I initially wanted one Wifi to manage the whole thing. Too few pins. So I went with a Pico per channel. I considered a Pico for every 2 channels or 4 channels, which I still might do. It's not like I've sent out for PCBs yet! But I'm starting at 1 each and will go from there.

I haven't checked out the MDBT42Q, I'll do that.

USART for comms, because as I learned from other forums postings of mine, I2C and SPI are master-only. I2C is ideal because it's got built-in multi-device support, but if the Picos can't be I2C slaves, then I'm sunk. Though I found that bridge chip which is cool. But I'm going to first try Gordon's approach using the USART. Because it doesn't require more chips.

About