• Hi,

im totally new with Puck.js and Javascript at all but I'm trying to advertise a own private Characteristic with 2 Services.

One service to controll the LEDs from the Puck from a external device and the other service for button state from Puck.

First Service is writable from external device, the second one is just readable but with notifications.

var timeout;
    function flag() {
      if (timeout) clearTimeout();
      LED1.set();
      timeout = setTimeout(function() {
        timeout = undefined;
        LED2.set();
      },2000);
    }

//setWatch(flag, BTN, {repeat:true});

// New code to define services
    NRF.setServices({
      "3e440001-f5bb-357d-719d-179272e4d4d9": {
        "3e440002-f5bb-357d-719d-179272e4d4d9": {
          value : [0],
          maxLen : 1,
          writable : true,
          onWrite : function(evt) {
            // When the characteristic is written, raise flag
            flag();
          }
        }
      }
    }, { uart : false });
    // Change the name that's advertised
    NRF.setAdvertising({}, {name:"BTN"});
    console.log("CONTROL BUTTON");

That code works, if I'm writing into the service the LED1 rises. But i want to check what value is transmitted. But I cant find any documentation about NRF.setServices so I dont know how to read out the value.

How do I make the second service with button state?

A bit off topic question: As I saw the Puck only can connect with one device at once, thats ok but later I want that the code is execute during boot, is it still possible to access from Espruino IDE then?

EDIT: Okay, I found that code:
    digitalWrite([LED3,LED2,LED1], evt.data[0]); which reads the value and works fine. But how to do the second task?

Also: I need to restart iPhone (use BLE Scanner) after changing the Services. Otherwise it will not displayed. Very irritating. Is there a workaround?

About

Avatar for user101905 @user101905 started