You are reading a single comment by @alexfreed58 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'm trying to bring RAK8212 to life. Loaded Espruino and now I can use BLE and talk to the BG96 module using https://www.espruino.com/ide/. So far so good. I'm able to send AT commands with at.cmd() wrapper. The module replies as expected for the most part, but won't connect to a network. I tried 2 different SIM cards and it looks like the module just doesn't see them at all. I get error "10" to AT+CPIN? and other commands related to a SIM card. I have used a scope to see if there is any activity on the pins, and it looks like during a cold start the power is supplied to the SIM card for a while, even both 1.8 V and some higher voltage, but then the power is removed and not restored even when issuing a SIM related command.
    Is it a hardware problem? Looks like it to me. I'm speculating that the BG96 module tries to talk to the SIM card even at 2 different voltages, gives up and powers it down thinking it's just not there. Alternatively I may have written some wrong stuff while experimenting with it. Any ideas? Thanks.

About

Avatar for alexfreed58 @alexfreed58 started