You are reading a single comment by @Unreality and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • The nodeMCU resets, because the ESP8266 has a watchdog, and the while loop prevents control returning to the underlying Espressif OS. But I'm pretty sure it would mess up USB and Bluetooth communications as well. Also, even a simple uart buffer - that uses HW uart & buffer - could overflow in a couple of seconds.

Almost wrote that there could be a "main loop a'la arduino" thing in Espruino-Blockly, that emulates the expected behaviour. But the purist inside me thinks that kids mind should not contaminated be by seeing a blocking wait call on a microcontroller. Or actually in any code. Even if everybody seem to do that.
    Did you know that god kills a kitten when you use blocking wait in any code? :O

Instead if the while(true) block, you can use the run code every X seconds block I guess.

• there are times we need for loop and have wait for seconds within it

kids do not know about multithread etc, why limit their mind and treat "wait/sleep" as abnormal

About

Avatar for Unreality @Unreality started