Vibration sensor for Puck.js?

Posted on
  • Do you have any suggestions for a Puck.js vibration motor? The most of them have a high power consumpotion of approximately 60-70mA.

• I'm afraid I don't - I think for pretty much any motor you'll need an or FET/transistor to turn it on based on the GPIO. However the CR2032 batteries really aren't designed to provide that amount of power, so even if you do get it working it'll reduce battery life quite a bit.

Having said that you can get LiPo CR2032s, and while you can't use them directly because of the increased voltage, the Pucks actually have an area where you can cut a wire trace and solder on a diode, which will drop the battery voltage by enough to use it.

• I'm not sure the conversaton's / question's title is correct, because my post wet into the sensor - input - direction to detect vibrations (w/ simple (dry/ hg-wette), single/ multi contact ball switches, Hg switches, accelerometers, etc.).

But... you are looking for an OUTPUT device... and - pls - change the title to something along this notion.

Since you want to feel the vibration, you may not get away with less, because: after all is shaking the center of a mass and the energy to do that has to come from somewhere. Like a badly rotated tire consumes energy for just rattling your cy ar (and wear itself quicker down including your wallet), the imbalance - static and dynamic sucks up this energy. Assuming you get really 2.7..3V on it, this means that is uses 1.62..0.21W. You might need to create the vibration in a different way rather than rotating a non-rotated weight - that's what these vibration motors do. And the forces from this very small weight are 'transduced' via motor mount to the much bigger and heavier object that you hold in hand or have in your pocket. Most vibrations are not only felt but also heard, because they are so violent that they 'shake air'/create air waves that you hear... and you hear a vibration... a symphony of multiple frequencies: see attached image taken from https://www.precisionmicrodrives.com/con­tent/the-limits-of-vibration-frequency-f­or-miniature-vibration-motors/ page/site and preserved as attached pdf.

May be I should have skipped all my words - except the point of input and output - and just listed the link.

2 Attachments

• I should add that even if a normal CR2032 would struggle to supply the current needed, you could add a decent capacitor to help somewhat.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Vibration sensor for Puck.js?

Posted by Avatar for MobiTech @MobiTech

Actions